Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Reading Magazines is Bad for Your Budget

I had the misfortune of reading Allure magazine this weekend. I was reading some article about how to give yourself the Perfect Blowout, and discovered that I need more hair tools! I am pissed, because I was just thanking god that in my past I am a hair product hoor, because I have at least a year's supply of shampoo, conditioner, primer, goos, creams, gels, sprays, serums, and shine-enhancers! I don't even need to tempt myself in those aisles, and in fact have banned myself from crossing over to the dark side at Target.

But now I can see that volume is in! Obviously I need volumizer for my roots! I don't have any! And it turns out that I need an ionic hairdryer! With a nozzle! And barring that, I need a nozzle for my current hair dryer! Suddenly, I need to spend $50 more than before I started reading that. Dammit! I think I have to ban all fashion/beauty mags until after I start raking in the dough.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Duh. The ION SHINE! The best hair dryer on the planet. I can't believe you don't own it. And it comes with it's own nozzle.