This was one of my more cost-effective recipes. It is basically a peach "crisp," with just an oatmeal/brownsugar/butter mixture on top of peaches. The recipe calls for fresh peaches, but they're no in season and also who wants to pay for 2 pounds of fresh peaches anyway? So I subbed in canned and it was fine. And it only needed about 2.5 hours to cook.
In my cost breakdown, I'm just counting the peaches because other ingredients are what you'd have on hand. This was sooooooo good and serves 6. It's cheap enough that I am seriously considering eating this as my main meal for maybe the rest of my life. I was supposed to take this over to a friend's for a screening of Mad Men (my new fave show!) but my car died in the garage! And now I have to deal with a large mechanic's bill in the morning, I am sure. Sigh!
Per serving cost: approx 90 cents
Verdict: eat it!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment