This was the easiest thing in the whole world. I dumped evaporated milk, noodles, cheese, and an egg in the pot and turned it on. Didn't even need to pre-cook the noodles! The recipe said to cook for 3.5-4 hours, but right at 3.5 it was already overcooked! The edges were all brown and crunchy and not really edible, so really I only got about 2 servings out of it instead of 4. This was a cheap one, though, and I figure I only spent about $4 on it, so $1/serving. Not bad! But you're going to want 2 servings, so really $2/pop. Not great, but not terrible.
Because I am gourmet (and wanted to use up my mozzarella cheese and not buy cheddar), I varied the recipe and and made "Italian Mac and Cheese," made w/ mozz (obv), fresh tomato on top, and Italian herbs. It got rave reviews from my guest.
Per serving cost: $1-2
Verdict: eh.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment