Yesterday I had my chakra massage. Who knew this existed? It was pretty sweet. The same price as a regular massage, which for me means save your pennies! And use sparingly. Anyhoo, here's how it went down: There was a lot of focus on the spine-area. Then we did a little chakra work; she said a chakra word and color, and I had to think about both things while she did some energy work over the chakra. Apparently, thinking about both these things engaged both parts of my brain and...I have no idea why that was important, but apparently it was.
Anyway, then I flipped and she did some reflexology on my feet. Now, here's the part where I started to panic. I am a total idiot and decided not to shower the day of my massage because I was just going to get all oily and greasy anyway--but not thinking that the massage therapist was going to be touching up all over me, including my toe-jam. I was also scanning my brain to remember the last time I shaved. I'm pretty sure my leg hair could've cut diamonds. DIAMONDS. I'm positive her hands started to bleed after rubbing my beardy-legs and it probably looked like a crime scene. I wouldn't know, I kept my eyes shut and was praying hard that she wouldn't say anything and add to my humiliation. She didn't--phew!
So, after that all passed, she did some energy work on my chakras, did a neck rub deal, put a hot towel on my face and called it a day. When I got up, I was totally buzzed. I was super zen-d out the whole rest of the day. Parking meter ate my quarter? Whatever. $6 bowl of cold soup that was really only worth $4 at most? Who cares. Running late to book club? Eh.
I wish this high lasted for the rest of my life, but alas! It was not to be. This morning I was totally surly and emotional. Not sure what to attribute it to...maybe all the toxins that got jolted around? Maybe my chakras continuing to balance? Hormones? Conspiracy? I don't know. All I know is, let's assume this mood change was unrelated and I'll do it again! Bring it!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment