A few months ago I was at a party and I literally sold three subscriptions to Domino magazine because I love it so much. 2 seconds later, they folded! I am so pissed!!!!!! In the meantime, I've been looking for a new mag to fill the void without much luck. All the good magazines fold!!! DAMMIT!
I recently picked up a copy of Better Homes and Gardens (don't laugh--it had a really good home decorating section and good recipes) and Martha's revamped mag, Living. Now, last time I checked, Martha's magazine was pretty pricey--$60 or something for a year. This new one is very good, and at a lower price of maybe $15/year. (You have to do some math to figure it out). Of course, her mag for the younger crown, Blueprint, folded recently, which broke my heart as well...sigh! I guess I'll make do with these until something more amazing comes out...let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Smugal tip: Do not sign up for mags online! They are sneaky, and if they have your credit card number, they will renew your subscription without asking you. I always pay by check so they can't charge me for renewals I don't want.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment