I had this on my dresser for weeks so I'd remember the name of it and could warn people against buying it, but every time I saw it it made me angry, so I finally had to throw it out. But don't worry, it had been burned in my brain: Maybelline Super Stay Lipcolor http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Lip/LipColor/superstay-lipcolor.htm is a waste of time and some kind of conspiracy; I don't know how it won those awards.
I followed the directions EXACTLY, because I bought that Cover Girl long-lasting lip stuff several years ago, and it flaked off and made my lips itchy, so I knew what I was up against. OK, so I decided to try it on in the privacy of my own home so I wouldn't walk around looking like a freak if it got all weird. And weird it was. I sat in a chair for ONE HOUR. ONE. HOUR. I did not eat or drink. When I got up, ALL the lip color in the middle of my lips had completely vanished, leaving a bizzare border. I couldn't even look at myself, it was so weird looking. Can you imagine if I were just running around town looking like that? Instead of buying this product, I recommend rippin up $11 into tiny pieces and flushing them down the toilet. It will be less frustrating.
Saturday, March 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am a chapstick girl myself, but over Thanksgiving I went into Sephora and ended up leaving with a PlantLove Botanical lipstick by Cargo. They let celebs design colors, and I bought "Mariska," aka detective Olivia Benson on Law and Order: SVU. On top of being totally cute, the lipstick tube is made entirely out of corn (a renewable and abundant resource) and the box is made of flower paper embedded with flower seeds, so if you plant it a flower grows. Can you even deal with how presh that entire situation is? If you're willing to tear up $11 I think you should be willing to fork over $20 for this badass lipstick. Ok, back to work.
That sounds amazing! How long does it last, though? On your face?
I like it. It's definitely not heavy or cakey or matte. It's more of a shiny gloss-style effect. You can try mine any time. Or sample the full line at Sephora...which reminds me...I kinda want to go there.
It's a date.
Post a Comment