OK, so I've been delinquent because the weather has been great, I've been working in my yard, dogsitting, etc. But I've recently kicked my job search into high gear. I was getting all pumped, calulating what the percentage is for application to interview ratio, working on my data, etc. So I was pretty pumped to have had an interview this morning. The proximity was perfect: 1.5 miles from my house. Walkable in Spring/Summer. Kitty-corner from where my mom volunteers all the time (free lunch,ya heeerd?). Across the street from Wendy's (Frostys, y'all!). Friends, I got an email rejection 2.5 hours after I left the building. Does that happen?? It's nice they didn't lead me on, but can't they at least pretend to think about it?? I am so sure!
The pain was great. Great. But nothing a banana-coconut frappuccino can't help soothe. This elixer has helped me to see that I don't want to work for a place where the (Vice President) interviewer LITERALLY interviews me while wearing a sloppy sweatsuit and flip-flops. Can we talk about that for a second? I don't care who you are. I don't care where you work. I don't care what your dress code is. You. Do. Not. Interview. People. While. Wearing. Lougewear. Where is Stacey London?? I felt totally overdressed in my appropriate attire. It is so absurd for her (as the hostess) make me (the guest) feel uncomfortable. Unforgiveable. Bastards!
Yippee! Someone just called for an interview. That other chick can suck it.
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is there anything in your etiquette handbook about telling people to suck it? LOVE IT!
That's insane. You are better off without that job!
Post a Comment