Saturday, June 24, 2006

Read this!

Do I have a new book for you! “Green with Envy: Why Keeping up with the Joneses is Keeping Us in Debt” by Shira Ross is the newest book for the smugal collection. Now, if you are like me, you might think that you are too smart for this book. But wait! It’s not your typical personal finance book! The author talks about how, by comparing ourselves with others who [we think] have higher financial status, we constantly scramble to keep up with “the Joneses”, and thus plummeting ourselves into debt. Ross shows us how this can happen gradually, over time, and even those of us who are smugal can get caught up in this cycle, even if we think we’re too smart. Ross also gives us some tips about dealing with the stress and anxiety of money troubles, and offers some resources on www.greenwithenvythebook.com. Read it! I’m telling you. Oh! And she also says that the universe has a way of flowing money to you when you need it, so I’m all about that. Next up: I'm going to check out Suze Orman's "Young Fabulous & Broke" if I can afford to pay my library fine...

No comments: