Friday, April 06, 2007

Mouse: Parts 2, 3, and 4

Sweet Baby Jesus. You have put me to many tests this week. I must have needed to be put in my place. One of your angels must have told you my character needed strengthening.
PART 2:
Well, it came time to remove the mouse intestines from the carpet. I would have left it, but I knew the dogs would chase me around the house with it. So I called my friend J for emotional support and direction. Here's what I did: I put the dogs on the porch and the cat in the bathroom. I armed myself with rubber boots, a garbage can, and an envelope. The idea was to slide the envelpe under the guts, dump it in the trash, and run screaming out the door to the trash. However, apparently the oxygen had made the guts SUPER nasty like some kind of massive blood clot. Apparently the dog didn't get all the tail, because a tail bit was still attached. Poking the guts with the envelope was completely unbearable, and I determined that it was better to scoot the guts clump onto the paper with the measuring cup. When I lifted off the cup, the stench was SO FOUL, it curled my hair. Now, keep in mind that I am extremely squeamish and had lost all control of myself. I was completley hysterical, hyperventilating, and screaming. I don't know how people deal with car wrecks and emergency rooms. I mean, I was beside myself. Thank God J was there to talk me through it or I would be living on the porch right now. Also, the room looks like a crime scene from Law & Order: there are blood streaks on the wall and black smudge on the carpet. I'm not sure I'll be able to clean it.

PART 3:
Came home later and found a little mouse just hanging out on the floor amidst all the animals. I was like, "Excuse me??? The last mouse you saw you tore to bits, and now you're just all hanging out like the fecking Brady Bunch?" I knew if they hung out together too long it would become violent, so I ended up (with emotional support from abovementioned J) shoveling it into the trash.

PART 4:
This morning, the dog picked something up in her mouth and brought it into the bed. I wasn't born yesterday, so I got outta dodge. When I looked later, it looked like mouse-hair clumps. Though it could have been muddy debris from outside.

No comments: