Sometimes I fondly recall the days when I would roll home from work at 4:15, crack open a beer, eat a bag of yogurt and chive chips and veggie corndogs and veg out to Top Model all night. Nothing better to do. I can barely even imagine what that feels like anymore. I SERIOUSLY don't have time to do normal things anymore. My watch has been broken for a month and I can't even imagine what it would be like to drop it off to get fixed during normal store hours. I need an assistant to run around and do errands for me during the day when everything's open...if only an assistant could get my hair cut and renew my license, too...sigh. With school now in session, I basically have to go into hiding...happy hours and nephew/eices are too tempting. Instead I get to spend my time immersed in historic women on the Pioneer Trail...
Which isn't to say I don't love to be busy; I rather prefer it. But if I were an FWOL, I would mos' def take Fridays off to get my socializing and errands done.
PS FWOL is truly the most amazing thing to aspire to, but I must confess...when you have a job you really like, you don't have as much time or inclination to dream about being an FWOL...awesome!
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment