Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Sponge
Living with the 'rents for a few days until the plumber can come fix my pipe (ifyaknowwhaddimsayin!). I could get used to this! Why did I move out again?? I'm getting free, delicious meals, iced tea whenever my heart could desire, and shopping in the attic and the basement for unique relics. I get free laundry, treats from the bakery, and access to thousands of books, as well as the daily paper. I'm also in a way better location, and much closer to most of my friends. Being leisurely at home is awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The best deal of all is housesitting for the parents. You still get free food and the rest of the perks but the parents aren't there to make you feel like you're sponge! My advice is to convince your parents to take frequent trips.
The father's day card I gave my dad this year read something like: "When I think of all the money you gave me and food you fed me" OPEN CARD "I wonder, why on earth did I ever move out?"
My dad and I had a good chuckle at that, but the truth is, I really do wonder sometimes. B/c life at home--albeit a little stifling--was cushy, yo!
Post a Comment