Target is my most favorite place in the world to be. I am a passionately loyal customer. But last week I wanted to smack it SO. HARD. On a mission to find Lash Xact, my would-be replacement for fecking Max Factor, I went to *2* stores on several occasions, and he's what I found: Dusty, cobwebby mascaras. Um, about 3 total, maximum. And in either blackest black or brown. Now, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure a) you should not poke dustbunnies into your eyeballs and b) TARGET EMPLOYEES SHOULD BE STOCKING THE SHELVES. You must be thinking, "oh, the shelves weren't stocked, she must've been at K-Mart," but I assure you, I haven't been to K-Mart since I was forced to buy Martha Stewart paint 2 years ago. And to add insult to injury, the fecking check-out girl asked me if I wanted to open a Target credit card for my $4.59 purchase (of another mascara—more on that in a minute) and I seriously wanted to kill her, because I am smugal, but would any sane person think it's a really good idea to save 10% on $4.59? No. Also, I am so sick of them asking me to open a card EVERY GD TIME I BUY ANYTHING AT TARGET! STOP ASKING ME!!!! I am getting so tense even writing about it.
OK, so here's my product evaluation: I was forced to buy Fabulous Lash (I think it's Cover Girl). Doesn't wash off too clean. But doesn't smnudge off too badly during the day. Overall, not too impressed. I hope Queen Latifah has more to offer. Estee Lauder Defencils is AWESOME (I got a free sample) but I am trying to avoid have to pay $20 for mascara...but at least I know if I go to the makeup counter they will HAVE it!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lady- What do you think, though, about the new Luella line? I haven’t been to Target in a while- shit, I haven’t been to any store to shop in awhile, and I saw the Luella Bartley ad in a magazine. I’m intrigued. I think that she rocks & I was wondering if you’d seen her line @ Target & if it was any good. Here is a frame of reference for chic & cheap: on a scale of 1 to 10 with a decent European H&M store landing around a 9 and Issac Mizrahi for Target sucking my ass at a 2.5.
http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_iw_r_6_0/602-0285615-4377418?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=16275561
Post a Comment