Well, here we are again. Laid off again for a grand total of three. I'm beginning to think that the Big Guy Upstairs is trying to tell me something. But what?? Extra points to you if you guess and get it right. I'm pretty much out of ideas.
a) I'm meant to make a career out of being a husbandless-housewife
b) I'm in training to be the best housewife possible to future, yet-unknown rich hubby
c) I am meant to be future counselor to people who don't have jobs?
I told a friend a few months ago I didn't think I was emotionally cut out to have a job and she told me that was ridiculous, so I have stricken that from my list. Apparently I need to create different situations but I'll be damned if I know how to do it. SIGH!
I figure I better get back on the blog-horse so I can cultivate all kinds of material and then write a book about not working and make a mint. I suppose I could spend my time right now working on book proposals. Publishing friends, I may be coming after YOU!
Anyhoo, I will continue my experiments and shoestring budget tactics. Right now I'm practicing ONLY going to grocery store when necessary, and even then only buying bare minimum, such as milk. I'm trying to eat my way through the food I've had in the cupboards/freezer for a while. I'll let you know how it goes. So far, successful, and low grocery bills! Recommended.
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I've heard a little adage about how bad things happen in threes--I'm hoping my 3 sucky jobs and 3 layoffs have played themselves out, and fab new amazing job is on the horizon...
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment